Monday, September 29, 2014

Scrapers pot holders

Here is another way to use up some of those quilting scraps we collect from quilt making.  I made this one for myself after noticing that my potholders were getting a little yucky.  I periodically make some for myself because its a fun quick project and it's nice to have something pretty in the kitchen.  For this one, I used 1 1/2 inch squares in 3 colors.  The colors are placed on the diagonal.  I used leftover cotton batting for the filling.  They also sell batting that is insulated which works very nicely.  If you use the insulated type, you don't need as many layers.  You can add the traditional tab on the corner if you wish but, I never hang them so, I skipped this step.

I might make more for Christmas.  They are great gifts.


No comments:

Post a Comment