Sunday, September 7, 2014

Fancy Nancy continued

I think I will call her completed now.  After my last posting, I finished the clothes.  I made a skirt underlining with tulle.  I just made a very long rectangle, folded it in half, basted it along the top and gathered it together at the waist.  For the skirt, I did another long triangle and did some decorative trims and finishes.  The pink trim along the bottom I bought a long time ago and I guess it was just waiting for this doll because it seemed to go just right.  I decided to use my remaining feather boa material for an actual boa around her arms.  Lastly, I connect flowers to her hands and tied some ribbon it it.  I also put one small ribbon in the hair.

Sewing the outer skirt

Doll front

Doll side

Doll back

No comments:

Post a Comment