Tuesday, September 16, 2014

It's done (well almost)

I finished the binding up today so, I took pictures of the completed quilt.  I will wash it next because it still has some chalk marking lines on it but, other than that, it's done.

For the binding, I cut 2 inch strips and sewed it on with a 1/2 inch seam allowance.  I used the traditional method of mitering the corners.  Here are the final shots of making the binding strips and 2 quilt pictures.  I had to have at least one shot that included the back!

I have a few artist trading card swaps going so, I'll be busy with that in the next few days.  I'm hosting a Halloween one which ends tomorrow.  It's all fun stuff!

I'll be back soon with the next project!

Adding strips of binding.  Place at this angle and sew along the blue line

Trim to 1/4 after sewing




Once the binding was sewn down on one side, I flipped it over and used this stitch to finish it off.  You can also hand sew it down

Front

Front with lining shown

No comments:

Post a Comment