Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Gift card holder or Artist Trading Card Holder

Here is an easy gift card holder or Artist Trading Card Holder (ATC Card).  I'm using felt for this project.


Take a 9 by 3 piece of felt and round off the corners.  fold one end up to just above your gift card size (about 3 1/2 or 3 3/4 inches).  Starting at the bottom, sew about an 1/8 inch seam and continue the stitch across the top and along the second side.  Your done!

This is just a basic pattern but use your creative ideas to decorate it if you wish.  Prior to sewing it together, you could sew a line of decorative stitching or do some embroidery work on it.

I'm going to do a doll next.  I found a wonderful free pattern on line by doll artist Judith prior.  I'll be using this pattern if you want to sew along with me.  I'll show you what I'm doing and provide any tips or notes of anything I change on the pattern.  With doll making, it's always fun to make it your own and change things to suit you.  Here's the link for the pattern:

http://www.judithprior.com/fancynancy.pdf

Tomorrow, I should have the basic body together to show you

No comments:

Post a Comment