Friday, September 5, 2014

Fancy Nancy Doll

I got the body together for the free doll pattern listed in the last post.  She is coming along well.  I have not really made many changes.  The only ones I did was to skip the paddle stick in the body.  In place of that, I made sure the body was stuffed firmed and the head sewn closely to the body.   Also, I ran out of freezer paper so, instead of buying more, I just copied the pattern, cut it out and traced directly on the fabric itself.  This works fine but, if you have the freezer paper, that is easier.

Lastly, I decided I wanted her legs crossed so, instead of sewing each leg to the side of the body, one is sewn more toward the front.  I simply crossed the legs and saw where they fell against the body and sewed it down.  I does not matter too much because her clothes will be sewn on permanently.

Here is what she looks like so far:

Pattern traced on doubled fabric (right sides together)

Seam sewn on pencil line first THEN cut (it's easier that way)

Legs crossed (note how the one leg is more toward the middle)



No comments:

Post a Comment