Monday, September 15, 2014

Next project??

I'm about 3/4 of the way through the quilting now on the black and white quilt so, it should finish up in the next few days.  After the quilting is done, the only thing left is the binding.

As this project nears completion, I'm already starting to think about what I want to do next.  I get inspiration from quilting magazines but, if I save everyone I bought, I would run out of room so, I tear out the pages that are my favorites and put them in sleeves in a binder.  I pulled out 3 possible choices from that.  I really want to work on a scrap quilt to lower my quantity of small pieces.

I'm also considering a Christmas tree skirt.  I bought a pattern this summer which is called Christmas Celebration by Judy Niemeyer quilting.  I wish the store had a kit because I may have bought that.  I'll have to figure out the fabrics though and I'm not sure I'm up to that challenge right now.

I took a picture of the choices I'm considering.  I also took a couple of pictures of my stash and how I organize it.  These are the smaller pieces which generally run about the size of a fat quarter more or less.  I organize them by color.  To keep them from getting all messed up in the drawer, I used foam board which I covered with paper and taped to the drawer bottom.  It works really nicely.  I used a heavy duty packing type tape.  It's clear but, you can't see it anyway because of the fabric.

Dresser drawer with dividers plus blue and green fabrics

4 possible patterns for the next project

Another drawer of fabrics.  There are 4 drawers (plus bins etc in other spots)!
I'm getting a lot of use out of this dresser.  I actually got it at a garage sale for only $10.00.  A coat of paint and some new drawer pulls and it was ready for use!

No comments:

Post a Comment