Saturday, September 27, 2014

Paper Quilting

I just bought a new Gelli Plate which is a way of making unique, one of a kind, paper in whatever color, patterns and variations you can dream up.  It is so much fun to play with.  I'm still in the learning process but, if you have any interest in this, there are a lot of videos on youtube on this subject.  Here is what the package looks like:

Package front

Package back with directions

View of a corner of the Gelli Plate
I pulled out some of my stencils (including quilting ones!) and just went to town with the paint.  Here is a sampling:

Using various colors and tools for Paper
I will use these for backrounds of ATC's but, while checking out youtube, I ran across a lady that used these for paper quilting.  I have enjoyed paper quilting myself so, I thought that was a great idea.  In mine, I used one inch squares and then cut those in half into triangles.  In her video, she used the one inch squares and did a graduation of hues and colors through the picture "quilt".  Here are a couple of my works.  I use foam board as a base and make grid lines before even starting.


This is a great craft that crosses over into paper and quilting so, if you love working with both, this is the project for you.  Just go through you favorite quilting patterns and give it a try.  Triangle and square designs are the best to work with for this but, you could easily do a paper applique using die cuts etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment