Sunday, September 21, 2014

Next quilt

I decided on my next quilt.  It's actually a combination of ideas from various quilts and patterns I have seen.  It's a simple design but it meets the basic goal I had for this quilt which was to make the top purely out of scraps.  I pulled out all my green and beige colors and began cutting 4 1/2 inch squares from the green and 2 1/2 inch squares from the beige.  The beige is then attached to one corner of the green, trimmed and flipped so I get a small triangle in each corner.  I started laying it so I can see if it will come together like I thought and I'm definitely going to go through with this design.  Since the squares are fairly small, I'll be cutting, sewing and ironing these small blocks for awhile!  I try to do this type of thing in batches because I want to enjoy the process and I don't want it to feel like work.  After all, this is suppose to be a fun hobby.

As I work on this quilt, I will keep you posted on my progress and possibly fit in a few more small projects in between.

Happy quilting everyone!

PS:  This will probably be a gift and the person receiving it loves vintage fabrics so, these are all vintage fabric designs.

Completed mini blocks as of today

Sewing the 2 1/2 inch square to the larger green one

After it is sewn, its flipped and trimmed to 1/4 inch

Now it's flipped back and ready to be ironed

Mini blocks laid together in 2 rows

Mini blocks in 4 rows and now the design starts to show

No comments:

Post a Comment