Saturday, August 23, 2014

Gingerbread Man doll or ornament

I'm finalizing a pattern for an easy doll that is a mini gingerbread man.  I should wrap that up tomorrow and I'll get a pattern posted for you.  I've already made a prototype but have not completed a doll since I adjusted the pattern.  It's a fun pattern that is easy to make and a great way to use up small scraps (especially brown scraps for the body).   Tune in tomorrow.........

Here is a quick idea though for a gift bow on a package.  This is especially fun to give people that like rustic things or enjoy sewing.  You take an old tissue pattern that you are not using anymore and fold it multiple times.  You want about 10 layers of tissue.  Take something round, like a glass jar and trace around it on the folded tissue paper.  I used my paint jar which is 3 inches in diameter.  Cut out the circle with decorative scissors, punch a hole in the middle and insert a brad.  Randomly ink the tissue paper then, begin to separate the layers and scrunch them up with you fingers.  You should have a rosette/rose type bow at the end.


Tissue pattern rosette

No comments:

Post a Comment