Thursday, August 14, 2014

Cone Doll

I'm going to start making the Cone Witch doll which I promised you on 7/26.  To start with, I used a cardboard cone which is from an empty roll of cotton yard.  My mother in law makes crochet kitchen clothes by the dozens and always has a bunch of these cones.  To start with, I just paint the whole outside in a solid black.

Cardboard cone for doll before paints


 While that's drying, I finished up a small box I did a paper collage on.  This is an old plywood box that was simply painted black and, I thought it needed more love.  I use it to store my postcard collection.  I cut papers from old greeting cards, magazines and even some used stamps I collected.   I used paper glue and applies them to the box.  Most are just ripped pieces of paper but some are cut.  I finished up by adding decorative ribbon to the top and bottom.  I wish I would have remembered to take a before picture.  I think the box is much more interesting to look at now.
Finished collage box
Tomorrow, I'll publish the rest of the cone doll


No comments:

Post a Comment