Monday, August 11, 2014

Annie is completed!

I finished the Annie doll tonight.  Here she is:

I thought I would add a comment about how I did her hair.  I have used this technique on other rag dolls including Raggedy Ann (which was the traditional red yarn).  I take a hanger and bend it into a long rectangle shape.  I then wrap the fiber around it and sew it on the machine up the middle.  I release one end of the rectangle and slide off the hair.  I then stitch the hair to the head.

I added a little apron to her which is just a square of white fabric which is doubled and sewn together on 3 sides, right sides together.  I then turn it inside out and fold over the fourth seam and sew in it down.  To make it thinner at the top, I added 3 dart.  A little ribbon sewn across the top with long tails is used for the tie.  Finally, decorative stitching from the machine gives it a little extra touch.

Here are some pictures of the hair being sewn:
Wire hanger folded, yarn wrapped then sewn up the middle

Slip off the yarn and you have one long tail like piece which is hand sewn to the head

This doll will be on it's way to another doll lover in a Annie doll swap I'm in.  I hope she enjoys her as much as I enjoyed making her.

No comments:

Post a Comment