Friday, August 8, 2014

Annie Doll

For anyone that loves Raggedy Ann and Andy dolls, this next doll that I'm making is for you.  There are a number of these types of dolls and they are called "Annie" dolls.  If you would like to make one, I found a great website where all the patterns are free!!  Here is the link:

http://lilliemaescrafts.com/dollsannies.htm

So far, I have completed the body.  I will not be posting step by step instructions on this as you can get those off the pattern.  I will show you my progress and how I make it my own, plus any tips I can think of.  Here is the doll at this point.  As you can see, the basic body is done.  The only tip here I have is turning tools.  I find them very beneficial in turning small long arms and legs on dolls.  They make quick work of it.  Plus, I used my hemostat tool which I mention in an earlier blog.  That tool worked well on pulling out the little thumb area.

Basic doll.  I think she looks a little like ET at this stage!

Turning rods.  They usually come in packages of 3 sizes.  I mostly used the blue one for this

The next steps will be painting on the shoes and face.  I'll be posting that in the next day or so.

No comments:

Post a Comment