Thursday, October 30, 2014

Polymer dolls

I have done a little work with Polymer clay.  In the past, I've made little Christmas ornaments etc.  I've been wanting to learn more about it and create dolls vs simple animal figures.  I bought various doll molds but, found them challenging to use but, decided to give it another try.  This is a mold by Patricia Rose that I bought off Ebay.  I made a little Elf out of it.  I have a long way to go but, for my skill level, I was happy with the way it turned out.  Even after getting the doll out of the mold, it's challenging to figure out how to do the hair, painting the face, and designing its clothes.  These do not come with any clothes patterns and traditional ones have to be modified.  Since her arms and legs don't bend, you have to consider that when making the clothes.  I bought another packet of flesh tone clay today and will keep trying.  I think I'll try an angel next.  Here's my little elf girl.  She is about 5 inches tall.


By the way, she is still an ornament.  Hidden in her hat is an metal eye so, I can put a hook through it for hanging.

I'll take pictures of the process on the next one.  If your interested in trying your own, maybe seeing my process will help you through some of the pitfalls you might otherwise encounter.

No comments:

Post a Comment