Thursday, October 23, 2014

Green Quilt Completed!!!

Time to celebrate because I finished the quilt.  I made my goal of finishing this month too so, I'm on a roll.  I added a border after quilting the middle which has its advantages and disadvantages.  The advantage is that it's easier to quilt the inside because you are moving around a little less material.  This can be important especially when quilting the middle and trying to roll the whole end of the quilt under the arm.  The disadvantage is that you can have a seam lump where you add the border.  To minimize this, I grade the seam and then iron it.  This makes the seam almost invisible although you still notice it when quilting the border.  Here's some pictures of adding the border and, the finished quilt.

Border pieces laid down so you can see the order they are place prior to sewing them on

Border pinned in place

Seam graded so reduce bulk

Finished quilt

Another view of the finished quilt

No comments:

Post a Comment