Saturday, November 1, 2014





Polymer Clay Angel

I went back to the drawing board i.e. the doll mold and tried another doll.  This time I tried an angel doll.  I still have difficulty pulling it from the mold.  Mostly the feet and hands have issues.  I tried spraying it with water but that made the clay hard to push inside because it did not want to stick at all and then I tried brushing it with corn starch.  I have a little more luck with the corn starch but, for everyone I get out I have 2-3 fails that have to be remolded  Once I pull them out, the hands and feet still tend to get stretch or flattened but, practice only makes you better right???!!

Here is my angel attempt:

Picture of the mold

Doll right out of the mold

Doll trimmed

3
Finished doll front

Finished doll back


I think I might trim her hair some and then call her done.  I actually molded 2 others so, I might take a break and then try to dress those.  I want to come up with different dress options for her

If anyone has an ideas, I welcome that


No comments:

Post a Comment