Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Thread Art

I went to a couple of craft fairs this last weekend and picked up a few goodies.  There is one particular textile artist that I think is great.  I first came across her 3 years ago and bought one of her thread art kits.  Since then, I bought a few more and this year, I picked up the gift tag set.  I have not played around with the new set but, here is a picture of the thread art ornament I made last year with one of her books


You get a template that you can use over and over again, all the directions and, if you buy a kit you even get the thread and everything else you need to make one.  Three years ago, I used her Christmas tree pattern for Christmas cards.  This year, I want to incorporate the designs in her gift card line into some Artist Trading cards and, of course, gift tags.

Check out her website with the link below,  Her prices are very reasonable and this is a fun craft to do.

http://www.tfw-designs.com/

Here are a couple of the ones I bought.  The star one from above and the new one this year


No comments:

Post a Comment