Monday, October 20, 2014

Art Journal

I've been working on some artist trading cards swaps and I started an art jounal.  The art journal is so I can experiment with different types of drawing or painting items and at the same time express what may be on my mind at the moment.  I bought a mixed media journal from WalMart.  I'll decorate the front eventually but I did take a picture of it so you can see what I purchased.  I also took a picture of the first few pages.  I lay down a lot of paint on these so I staple together several pages to support the weight.  Many people use glue but, when I saw a youtube video of someone who used staples, that sounded better to me personally.  When it comes to an art journal, it's all about personal choices and what pleases you.

Mix media notebook I'm using for my art journal

I've worked on so many Halloween things that I created a page in the journal about it

Some of the things that are going on in my life such as new glasses, learning about Zetti Art etc

Beginning of a page with a Christmas theme

Paper doll collage page


On the quilting front, I've basted the quilt together and I'm ready to start quilting the layers.  I still have a goal of trying to complete it this month.  It's getting close though so, I'm not sure if I will make it.  I have enjoyed working with paints and artist trading cards so much that I have spent a lot of time on it this month.  We have also been trying to get out as much as possible and enjoy this wonderful fall weather.  This week, we are driving to a huge craft show that is hosted once a year at the Tacoma Dome.  I have not missed it for the past 4 years.




Let the quilting begin!

No comments:

Post a Comment