Monday, October 6, 2014

Paper dolls

I've never been a collector of Paper dolls but lately, I have been very interested with them.  I especially love the older designs from the 50's like the Betsy McCall dolls.  My kids use to have some of them but, those dolls are long gone.  I thought I had a few left but can't seem to find them in the kids old junk storage box.  Oh well.

I did find this one set this summer that I bought at a garage sale for 25 cents.  I think it's cute and may go ahead and open the package and use it in a paper collage art piece along with other paper dolls on line.  I will probably do that.

I have started an art journal and since I seem so focused on Halloween these last couple of months, I made a Halloween layout.  It lets me express my creativity without worrying about perfection.  The next page will be about dolls.

Quilting:

On the quilting front, all of the pieces are cut out for the green quilt and I'm about 70% done with the quilt top right now.  I'm not posting any new pictures on that yet because it's really just more of the same that I have already shown you.  I'm on track though to finish the quilt this month.  I'm also working on a fabric swap I joined.  In this one you cut 25 squares of 5 x 5 fabric in Christmas prints of green and red.  The idea is that you get 25 back that are completely different so you have a nice variety for a quilting project.  I'm in the process of cutting them now.  I'm making a set for myself along with the partner I'm swapping with.

Pictures:

First page of Art Journal

Front of Paper doll

Back of Paper doll

No comments:

Post a Comment