Sunday, October 12, 2014

Green quilt progress

I've made great progress on the green quilt.  All of the large blocks are done now.  In the next day or so, I will be sewing those together and then deciding what type of border I want.  Before I get into the actual quilting though, I'll have to buy the batting and the backing material so, that's on my agenda for next week.  I have 15 large blocks.
15 completed large blocks

On another subject, I came across a free pattern for a simple block basket.  Here is the link:

http://www.the-red-kitchen.com/2011/02/reversible-fabric-basket-tutorial.html

It's a blog call the Red Kitchen and she posts some wonderful how to pictures to make this fabric basket.  It's super simple and can be put together in a very short period of time.  Here is my basket which I made exactly like hers in the pattern.

11 inch basket with ties at 2 1/2 inch

I thought I might experiment a little more with the basket so, I have cut out a 9 1/2 square (vs 11 inch) and a 10 1/2 square.  I also want to experiment with the placement of the ties.  If I move them further from the corners, the sides of the basket will be taller.  I'll try a Halloween version and then I have this darling pixie shoe pattern that I will make into a basket.  Those are only cut out now so I'll show you a comparison when all three are done.

As I was taking these pictures, I also took one of my pin cushion.  I made this little lady awhile back but, I enjoy looking at her while I'm sewing and she provides a lot of room for pins.  They not only work with the cushion in her arms but pins can also go in her hat.  The hat is make of felted wool.  It's a Terese Cato pattern

Pin cushion lady




No comments:

Post a Comment