Saturday, November 28, 2015

Art inspired by shopping??

I am a tall person so, shopping for pants is always a challenge.  They are often too short or, if I shop in the tall girls shop, they are way to long.  That experience gave me the idea for this piece but, I think that anyone who has a challenge getting a proper fit for pants knows the feeling.  The saying on the piece is "Shopping for pants suck".  It is 3 x 5 inches.

 On my base, I painted it using 3 different colors of blue/green combinations.  After that dried, I stamped it with the tiny little circles stamp.  I just randomly applied them.  The next layer was a stencil with squares in it.  I mixed modeling paste with acrylic paint and applied it to the bottom and top of the card at an angel.  The final base layer is some dabs of Inka gold watercolor paint dabbed here and there for fun.  The other pieces are the saying which I printed out, colored with markers, glued and outlined in black.  The gears are wood pieces colored with distress inks.  Cheese cloth was glued down, with the gears on top and then the final layer was the stamp which is made by Stampotique and colored with markers.

No comments:

Post a Comment