Tuesday, November 10, 2015

Mixed Media Angel Image

I found an image of a little angel girl on The Graphics Fairy site.  I fell in love with it right away and knew I wanted to make something with it.  Here is what I came up with:

If you are interested in trying this.  She is in their Christmas angel collection along with several other cute ones.  For this piece,  I started with a paper that looks like sheet music.  I glued that onto the base then sprayed it with Dylusion sprays of 2 shades of blue and some linen white.  Once dry, I glued on some cheese cloth to the bottom third.  The image was fussy cut and glued on over the cheese cloth.

For the next steps, I applied glass beads mixed with gel medium where her arms rest, I outlined her in a brown watercolor pen and went over that again with a clear water brush.  I think the image pops out more doing this.

The top half is a star stencil applied with modeling paste, silver and white ribbon in the corners, blue flowers glued onto the ribbon and the word banner in the middle.

For the word banner, I hand drew it on watercolor paper, and using light blue, dark blue and some black, I painted the image.  I hand wrote the lettering, applied pop ups to the back and put it in place.  To apply the lace, I used a glue gun with a long thin tip that got under the banner.  I placed the lace flowers by pushing them under the banner with the tip of my scissors.  The final touch is light ink around the edge.

No comments:

Post a Comment