Monday, November 9, 2015

3 x 5 trading card

I made this Christmas mixed media.  This size is sometimes used for trading but I may use this piece as a base for a card.


The stamp is a digital stamp I bought off Etsy.  I went to my file so I could tell you the Etsy company but all it says is the name of the stamp which is Gift wrapping.   I colored it with Prisma colored pencils and fussy cut it out.  I added some gel pen accents to the presents and the wings.

The base starts with cardboard and is covered on the front and back with Christmas themed scrapbook paper.  There is a second paper on top of that cut 1/2 inch smaller.  I had some tissue paper sheet music so, I cut a small piece of that and glued it to the front.

The large snowflakes are stencils filled in with modeling paste but, prior to adding those, I put a piece of dark red lace ribbon along the back.

The finishing touches are the words, printed on the computer, cut out and outlined in black, a snowflake metal charm with fibers tied in the hanging hole, gesso painted randomly to make it feel somewhat snowy, the stamp glued on and glossy gel with glass beads dabbed along the bottom for snow.

No comments:

Post a Comment