Thursday, December 10, 2015

Art Journal snowman

Here is a page I did because I wanted to try a snow scene


After I finished it, I felt there was something wrong with the composition so, I went to a group of artists and asked for feedback.  It's such a great way to get help on your art and my experience has always been positive and supporting.  The biggest thing everyone noticed was the large amount of white space on the right.  I did two things to change the layout.  I added a picture (a winter scene back from the 60's) and enhanced the "Brr" lettering.  I also added a little glitter on the snowflakes.  Here is the final version:

It's a bit more balance now and I am much happier with it.  So, don't be afraid to ask for feedback.  It was very helpful for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment