Thursday, November 5, 2015

"The Queen of Everything"



I have been admiring stamps by Stampotique for awhile.  I love their quirky style.  I decided to purchase some since I kept going back to them.  I could not wait to try them out the second they arrived.  The first thing I did was an art journal page.  This is done using their Chandelier stamp and their Queen of Everything stamp.  To start with, I pulled out my Dylusion sprays and using a combination of yellow, orange, blue and pink I came up with the base.  Some areas were a little dark so, I sprayed on some white before it dried.  I also cut out some triangle shapes from paper in my stash and strung them together with a colored pencil.  I outlined them in orange with black on top to make them pop out better.  The black is an ink pen.

For the next step, I used a stencil and modeling paste and placed the circles randomly on the page.  I did avoid the areas where I knew the stamp was eventually going to be placed.   The white paste automatically absorbs some of the color from the dylusion sprays but, I did add a little white wash paint on top to help them pop.  I added some painted circles using the top of a bottle which is twirled in paint and finally the stamps.  I think I may use her next in some ATC's.  Here are some pictures from the in between steps.


 These pictures are all taken at different times of the days which makes the colors seem either lighter or darker.  The best picture of the original color is the one with the stencil on top of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment