Sunday, December 28, 2014

Mixed Media ATC using digital stamps

If you have not used digital stamps before be sure to check them out.  There are lots of free ones offered on multiple sites or, if you purchase them, they are very reasonably priced.  I recently found this site which offers both free and some for sale:

http://www.tiddlyinks.com/digital-stamps/

I got there row house stamp and made some ATC's out of them.

 The backrounds are layered with various paints and the house stamp is from the link above.  The other stamps, such as the sun and dragon flies are out of my stash.  The nice thing about digital stamps is that you can instantly download them and when you use them, you can size them to the measurements you like before printing them.  Sometimes there is an issue with ink smearing depending on your printer but a neat trick is to take a kneaded eraser and rub it over the ink once it's dried off the printer.  This picks up any residual ink.  I still have occasional issues with smearing though so, I try not to overwork the printed areas.  I also heard a hint that laser printers will not smear so, you could take them down to a place that charges you a small fee for printing and do it that way.  I have not tried that yet myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment