Thursday, December 4, 2014

Christmas Stocking

I finished the Christmas stocking.  I made a couple of changes from the pattern.  I embroidered the name to the top, added the heel and toe appliques and changed up the pattern slightly.  I had exactly 1/2 yard of the Santa material so, in order for that to work, I adjusted the ratio between the top cuff and the stocking itself.  I try to avoid buying more material when I can use what I already have previously purchased.  It's a nice size stocking so, there will be lots of room for Santa to put Christmas goodies.

Next project:  A catnip toy
I grew and dried catnip this summer so, I want to make a toy where you can remove the catnip and replace it with fresh nip every once in awhile.  I'm think of just making something with bits of ribbon on it to add color and interest similar to what you see on those cat fishing toys.  That should be my next posting


No comments:

Post a Comment