Wednesday, December 31, 2014

Fairy ATC

I joined an ATC swap where you can use any medium as long as it has a fairy in it.  I already have a fairy stamp, which I love so, I decided to use that.  The stamped image looks like the fairy is about to leap into flight so, I had the idea of putting her in a patch of mushrooms and having it look like she is leaping from one to the other.

The mushrooms are made by penciling out the basic shape, then I went back in with a black art pen and drew in the final lines and accent shading.  From there I colored it in with various shades of Copic markers ranging from a yellow/brown hue to a dark brown hue in the shadows.  I experimented with using a little pearl water paint on top of that to make it slightly shine.  The picture does not pick up the shine though.

As always, I feel like I'm learning how to use different paints with everything I do.  On the backround I used watercolors.  I tried various shades and I think I like the one that has the darkest blue backround the best.

Here are the results:


No comments:

Post a Comment