Monday, December 1, 2014

I put up the sewing machine for about a week but now I'm ready for my next project.  I'll be starting on a stocking for Christmas.  I'll probably start on that tomorrow and begin with embroidering in the name at the top.  I'll post some pictures of it as I progress.

These last few days, I've gone back to one of my favorite things to do and that is drawing with charcoal pencils.  I made a few ATC cards for trade and plan on doing some more.  When I work with charcoal, I've generally been doing faces so, I thought I would branch out a little.  I'm starting on a dog one now.

Here are my completed ones so far:

Face in the shadows

Hand with red nails

I also worked a little bit on the Santa doll.  When I last blogged about it, I mentioned that I felt I was missing something so, I had my daughter look at it.  She noticed the problem right away.  He needed white trim around the bottom of his shirt.  I also added a traditional black belt in place of the gold cord I had previously.  That did the trick and now he looks like the Santa I was trying to achieve.  It's amazing how small trim pieces can make such a difference in a project.

Happy Crafting - see you soon!


No comments:

Post a Comment