Tuesday, December 23, 2014

Inspirational Quote

I joined a swap for 2015 and the theme is to do a ATC with an inspirational quote.  I like this one:

"When the past calls, let it go to voicemail, believe me, it has nothing new to say." By author unknown

I thought it was a little humorous but also gives you something to think about.  Since you can't change the past, try not to fret over it and move on.  Here is the card I came up with.  For this swap, you make 3 cards plus an extra one for the host


I was experimenting with using a lot of texture in the back round so, I started with tearing up small sheets of patterned papers and gluing them down then, I did a layer of gesso over those.  When it was dried, I colored it with gelato colors by Faber Castell.  I used 4 different colors and loosely blended them.  I did stamped images over that with brown Stazon Solvent Ink.  The quote was printed and mounted then, I added the phone by drawing a pattern and then used the pattern on gray paper to cut the shape.  It is highlighted with Copic markers and an ink pen.  The cords is just loops drawn with a Copic marker.

No comments:

Post a Comment