Thursday, November 13, 2014

Santa doll head

I started tracing the body pattern onto the fabric today.  I'm using the Elf pattern from the book I posted about yesterday.  I made slight modification to the face and ears.  I rounded off the top of the ear and removed the "elf" point.  On the face, I wanted his nose to look more list a cute pug nose so, I made that much smaller.  Other than that, the rest of the pattern is the same for the body.

The pattern with my pencil lines drawn in to shown what changes I made to it.  I also shortened the chin a little


By the way, I have made the elf pattern before without any changes and I love him.  When I pull out my Christmas stuff from storage, I'll get a picture of him for you.

That's about all I did on the doll today.   I'll be pretty busy tomorrow with other things so my plan is to get the head done over the weekend.  I did play around with some strip quilted ATC's.  I did the back rounds in yellow strips and then did a rustic applique flower on top.  I'm  going to be offering those for trade on the trading sites.  The pink ones I posted a week or so ago are all traded except for one.





No comments:

Post a Comment