Sunday, November 23, 2014

Quilted Gift Tag (Continued)

I finished up the quilted gift tags.  These will be used as decorations/bows for Christmas presents.  In my last posting, I showed how I cut one inch strips and sewed them together.  Since that posting, I made a template of a Christmas tree.  I put together 3 layers of fabric (sewn strip pieces, red flannel and solid green on the back.  I traced the template onto the fabric, sewed the Christmas tree shape then trimmed it with pinking shears.  I used a needle with a large eye and put a hanger through it.

I played around with a couple of ideas to make it fancier.  In one, I layered  a sheer fabric on top (tulle) and put beads in the middle similar to a shaker box.  In another one, I sewed in some seed beads for ornaments.  You could also easily sew in pretty ribbons or use the decorative stitching feature of your machine for a crazy quilt effect.

I hope you give this a try.  I bet you may have some fabric in your stash to start anytime!

Happy Quilting

Tree template

3 layers of fabric

Side view of the fabric "sandwich"

Trace template onto fabric with a water soluble pen or quilters chalk

Finished tags

No comments:

Post a Comment