Wednesday, November 12, 2014

Santa Doll??

I joined a Christmas Doll swap and I think I may make a Santa Doll.  I have a certain image in my head of what I want to do but, don't have a pattern for it.  Some of you may know that I'm a big fan of the doll artist Terese Cato.  What I have decided to do is use a combination of ideas from her book called Fanciful Cloth Dolls and then add some slight modifications to the body.  Most of the changes or original patterns will be in the doll clothes though.

For the hair, I found this Curly Crepe Wool Hair that I think I will use.  I hope it's enough.  I think it will be since he will have a hat on therefore less hair is needed for the head.  Also, the package notes that the hair triples in length so, I should be fine.  Before I actually connect it to the doll, I'll test it to make sure.  So, over the next few entries on my blog, please follow along as I make the doll.  I also highly recommend this book for any artist doll sewer.  I have used it quite a bit and it was well worth the price.

I prefer a strong, good quality muslin for my doll face and bodies.  Also, this is the hair I hope to use

Here is the book I keep talking about.  I just love it.  I've made a version of the cover doll in the past.  She is pictured on my Pinerest account

I made photocopies of the pattern pages and keep them in an envelope after I use them.  The next time I use the pattern, it's ready to go.  

No comments:

Post a Comment