Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Well, I finally did it.  I wanted to create a blog so I could interact with fellow crafters.  I would like to share what I'm doing and hopefully hear your feedback on what you are working on.  I love so many different types of crafts that sometimes I have to force myself to work on my current project without getting distracted by the cute things I want to try next.  On a daily basis I have the feeling of so many crafts to do but not enough time!

My current "hot" crafting items are ATC's (Artist Trading Cards).  I have joined a couple of sites and love exchanging cards with other artists.  In this craft, you create art that fits on a 2 1/2 by 3 1/2 sheet of cardstock, cardboard to chip board types of materials.  I personally do a lot of paper collage but, I'm working on improving my skills at watercoloring painting.  I'll have to post some more on that later.

As far as dolls and quilts, I recently learned about Dotee dolls.  These are similiar to Artist Trading Cards in that they are small dolls made for swapping and not selling.  The are about 4-6 inches in length with a very basic box type body and no arms and legs.  Here are the first two I created



 The first one reminds me of a lady going to a tea party.  I have them both hanging from a lamp in my craft room and they make me smile when I look at them.  I already have ideas for the next batch and will be posting those.  I'll include my basic body pattern plus steps on how I did the faces.


4 comments:

  1. I'll have to try making a Dotee doll. They look really cute! You did a great job on these.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I Love those Dotee dolls! I've never heard of them before. The second one with the crazy pink hair is fabulous!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. these are so cute! The faces are so wonderfully made! I cut out my first two last night. when I am done I will post to my blog if you want to see. craftydiycindy.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would love to see it Cindy. I'll check out your blog now too

      Delete