Thursday, July 17, 2014

Board short memory quilt continued:

I'm moving along steadily on the Board shorts memory quilt.  I deconstructed the garments first and removed zippers, heavy seams, pockets etc.  This can be a traumatic phase when you are emotionally connected to the garments!  Once I completed this "rough cut", I began to cut my squares.  The see through ruler comes in extremely handy because you want to make "fussy" cuts for this type of quilt.  The goal is to get the most interesting part of the garment on the square.

Pile of waistbands, zippers etc

Using see through ruler to make interesting cuts


I made 10 inch squares.  Once the squares were cut, I laid them out to see what type of order looked pleasing.  I actually ran out of room on the bed but, I'm going to have one more row than you see in the picture.  Once all the seaming is done, it gets a little smaller but, I will be adding sashing between each square.  I'm ready for the next step now so tune in tomorrow to see it continue to come together.


No comments:

Post a Comment