Monday, July 21, 2014

Short Board quilt continued:

I had a busy weekend but was able to finish the columns for the top of the quilt plus, for this particular quilt some of the patches/logos needed to be transferred.  Some of the logos were previously on pockets or waistbands so, they could not be used without removing them.

  Today, I'm starting the layering process for quilting.  Basting spray works great as it helps make for a smooth quilt top.  It must be sprayed between all layers and everything is smoothed in place.  Once the basting is done, I begin to draw temporary lines for quilting.  I use a combination of tools depending on the fabric.  For most fabric, a chalking pencil works great.  I also like the blue ink pen that washes out when simply wiped with water.  The goal today is to finish the basting and have the grid lines in place to start quilting.  Overall, I hope to finish in a couple days
Patches sewn in place - the sashing is actually darker than this but the flash makes it look light

Tools for grid lines

Picture of the columns sewn in place
Picture of the basting spray and the layers in place for spraying.  

No comments:

Post a Comment