Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Board shorts quilt

I'll be working on an exciting new project.  This is similar to a T-shirt quilt but, its with board shorts instead of t-shirts.  The shorts come from a guy from Hawaii and he saved them through the years.  His finance wanted to make him a quilt out of them for a wedding present.  To start with, I bought the supplies (except for the backing which will come later).  Here is what I have

1)  Board shorts
2)  Fusible interfacing to back the short material and make them stable for sewing
3)  Thread
4)  Sashing material to go between the cut short squares
5)  Batting
6)  Temporary basting spray for quilting

The machine will use a quilting needle plus, I will be using a rotary cutter and cutting rules for accurate cuts

Here is a picture of the supplies needed and the pile of shorts.  Wish me luck!!  I'll post pictures as I progress



No comments:

Post a Comment