Friday, July 11, 2014

Did you ever start a project and just lose your desire to finish it?  This is how I felt about this quilt.  I wanted a quilt where I could use my scraps and this seemed the perfect choice.  The problem for me personally is that I really disliked cutting the triangle pieces and it was all very labor extensive.  I was feeling that the labor involved was not going to be worth the end result.  I finally decided to bite the bullet and just turn it into a pillow.  At least I get the advantage of using the pieces I already had sewn plus, now I have a pillow instead of a partially finished quilt that probably would have sat in the drawer for years.  I actually feel a sense of relief.

I feel like the bottom line is that crafting should be fun and when it feels like work, I need to go to plan B.



 The top one is the partially finished quilt and the bottom is the pillow.  I put piecing on both sides of the pillow so, it looks the same on the front and back.

No comments:

Post a Comment