Sunday, January 17, 2016

Valentines with a twist

You know how I love the cute Julie Nutting doll stamps but, the other side of me loves the somewhat creepy zombie stamps!!  I recently discovered the art of Brett Weldele who does stamps for Stampers Anonymous.  The stamps are wonderful because they are deeply etched and create really nice images but, they are also so much fun to work with.  Here is a zombie card I did.

 I stamped the image on white paper then stamped it again on some junk paper.  I colored in the image with a water filled brush and watercolors.  For the skin, I used a combination of brown with a little red, the mouth is red and under the eyes are some green and yellow.  I then took the stamp I did on junk paper, cut it out, laid it over the original colored image then began splattering paint in browns and grays.  The final touch is the heart stamps in red and the phrase.  The finished picture was double matted on red and black cardstock then placed on white cardstock.  The finished card is 5 x 7.

The stamp set plus the image I did on junk paper and cut out for masking

I also did another Zombie card but this one is ATC size and was used for trading.  This stamp is made by Stampotique


No comments:

Post a Comment