Friday, January 15, 2016

Julie Nutting Baby Stamp

Julie Nutting has these cute little baby stamps that come with interchangeable outfits.  They are so perfect for making ATC's but, I can see them being used for many things.  I wish I had these when we did the baby shower for my daughter.  They would make great tags etc.

For these, I started by making the background paper.  I used a full size sheet of canvas acrylic paper that I got on a super sale awhile back.  Any heavy duty paper would work though (such as mixed media paper etc).  I painted it with a teal type blue first, let that dry than layered on a baby blue with a dry brush.  The next layers was a circle stencil dabbed with white paint, a stamp using blue distress ink and then, I cut them into ATC size.

For the individual cards, I added snowflake stamps on the winter one, layered paper and Julies stamps.  For the snowman, I stamped it twice.  It was stamped once on the ATC and then a second time on white paper.  I then fussy cut out the snowman (less the arms) then, glued it exactly over the stamped image.  I used colored pencils on the cheeks, nose and a little blue around the edges.

For the little girl one, I used a flower stamp and colored in the flowers.  I was gifted some fine point pens made by Stabilo by my daughter.  I love these for fine detail work plus, they work wonderfully over acrylic paints.  I used them to color in the flowers and leaves of the stamp.



No comments:

Post a Comment