Thursday, January 21, 2016

Using 3D elements on art

I have always enjoyed using 3 dimensional elements in the projects I have completed.  I even pushed the limits on my scrapbooks which made my scrapbooks difficult to close sometimes!  In this piece of mini art, I used a glittered bottle cap, some mini eye glasses, gems, word stickers by Tim Holtz and even a fancy paperclip.  It was enjoyable putting the elements together.  The body is a stamp by Lost Coast Designs and I added the wings which is also a stamp.


The background is made by using a piece of scrapbook paper that was a patterned red and beige design.  On top of that, I layered dark pink and brown stain.  The last layer was a spiderweb stencil which is filled in using a sponge dabber in black ink.  I think multi layered background designs add an interesting depth to a piece.  The finished size is 3 x 5.

No comments:

Post a Comment