Thursday, September 15, 2016

Halloween ATC's  (Artist Trading Cards)

I still love to do ATC cards and enjoy trading them across the world.  Since I'm a bit of a Halloween nut, Halloween cards are my favorite to make and receive.  Here are four that I made.  All of them begin with the same base paper


I used a gelli plate to make the paper.  I load up the jelly plate with orange color and threw in some brown and green, added stencils etc.  The great thing about gelli plates is that if you don't like the first layer, or its too plain, just add another until you like it!  Once the paper was completed and dried, I cut it to ATC size and adhered it to cardstock.   Here are close up pictures of the four cards.  They all have in common, the background, lettering using a Dymo label maker and some element of fabric pulled from my stash of Halloween fabrics.  By the way, the Dymo label maker is my new favorite crafting supply.  I have been wanted one for awhile but had trouble finding this old fashion type.  The new ones are all electronic and use a different type of tape.  I finally ran across one at "The Container Store" and it was cheap!  I grabbed it up along with a extra set of label tape for future use.

"Frightful" - Gelli plate background, boo! stamp, vintage image with an hand cut witch hat on top, fabric skeleton and dots of acrylic paint with a dot of gel pen on top.

"Trick or Treat" Gelli plate background, Dymo label maker lettering, fabric skulls, 3D pumpkin sticker from the craft store, ghost stamp by Darci (colored in with makers - I use a light gray around the edge of the ghost)

"Things that go Bump in the Night" - gelli plate background, orange and black Washi tape embellishment, monster man cut out using a cricut,, fabric skull, Dymo label maker words, moon stamp

"Are you my Mummy" - gelli plate background, dymo label maker for the words (for some reason they do not include a question mark", fabric candy corn, Mummy stamp by Darci, Acrylic paint dots with a yellow base and another orange dot on top, bat cardstock sticker with clear coating on top and embellished with gel pen.

I hope you enjoyed my cards.  These are also the same size you would use for pocket letters so, they would be fun for something like that also.

No comments:

Post a Comment