Monday, September 5, 2016

Potion bottles for Halloween decorations etc

I try to save interesting bottles during the year to alter for other uses.  My daughter gave me these tins because she and her husband enjoy this particular brand of loose tea.  They are tins with a flat top.

Here is how I altered them:

1)  I sanded the tins to create a rougher surface for the paint to adhere to.
2)  I used Adirondack alcohol inks to color the tins.  I used a combination of drops and smears to create an aged "Halloween, spooky" look
3)  I downloaded free images from the Graphic Fairy internet site including the witch girl and the potion labels.  I printed these out for the size of my tins
4)  Using matte medium, I adhered the images to the tin
5)  On the top, I used beads on one and an old ornate earring clip I had on the other.  I also used a little bit of fiber.

That's it!  It's a fairly simple project ready to stuff with candy corn or whatever other Halloween fun thing I can think of.  Altoid tins would also be perfect for this.   I included a couple more pictures which are zoomed in for you.




No comments:

Post a Comment