Thursday, September 1, 2016

Halloween quilted wall hanging



This quilt is made from a design by Janet Wecker Frisch.  I bought a kit to do the project which takes away all the issues of matching fabrics etc.  All of that is done for you in a kit.  This one came with the yardage I needed except for the backing and filling.

The front goes together very quickly.  I was able to cut and sew it together in one day.  In another session, I did the pendants and the Halloween swag sign.  For the filling, I bought 100% cotton which is what I usually work with.  I recently bought a package of 80% cotton and 20% poly because that particular store didn't have the 100% cotton.  I really disliked working with it and was very surprised at how much different it worked.  I had issues with it wrinkling which made the quilting process more challenging.  So, I will never buy that again!

The fabrics on this quilt are so cute and you can order the pattern using the link below.  I have completed similar projects using a fabric panel as the center.  They are great to work with and I think they are perfect for holiday quilts.

This wall hanging could be used as a small lap quilt.  I thought I might do that someday and elected to use a little gold safety pin to attach the Halloween sign versus sewing it on.  I also think that will make storage easier because I can remove the sign to make sure it does not get wrinkled in storage.  Another variation I made is with the Halloween letter swag.  It originally suggests sewing on all sides with a small opening and then turning it.  I decided to place the backing and front side back to back, sew around all edges twice and then fray it.

More views:



Link to retailer:
http://www.equilter.com/pattern/625/sew-scary-halloween

No comments:

Post a Comment