Friday, September 9, 2016

Boo Mason Jar Votive holder

Here is another fun quick Halloween project.  I happen to already have on hand a bunch of Mason jars so, it was a perfect project for me with most of the materials already in my home.

 

Here is how I did it.

1)  Using purple, orange and white acrylic craft paint, I squirted one color in each of the jars and swirled it around until the jar was completely coated.  On my first one I used a thicker artist quality paint and it didn't work that great because it did not want to move around the jar, even with water added.  I switched to a cheaper quality craft paint and it worked perfect.  After the jar is completely coated, leave the top off until the paint is dry (drain off any excess first).

2)  Spray paint the lids black

3)  For the middle decoration I first used black card stock cut to 3 inches wide and the length was the width of the jar.  I adhered it to the jar with tape.  For the next layer, I used an orange burlap ribbon with wire and wrapped that around with a tie and the front (not a bow, just a simple wrap tie).

4)  The next layer was made using my Cricut cutter and the Ribbons and Rosettes cartridge.  If you don't have that, I think an big Halloween colored flat silk flower would also be very cute.  I hot glued that on top of the ribbon.  The letters are made from wood that I purchased at Hobby Lobby.  They were already black and I used a white gel pen to try to make them pop better.

5)  The last step was skeletons cut from some skeleton garland purchased at the dollar store.  I cut 3 off the garland and hot glued them in place.

That's it!  It's all ready for my shelf or mantle this Halloween.

No comments:

Post a Comment