Saturday, October 17, 2015

Witch girl

Sometimes when I get in a creative rut, I just pull out paper and a pencil and start drawing.  That is how this witch girl started.  I started with the head and after a few erasers marks ended up with a witch girl.  She is on Strathmore 140lb watercolor paper.

Watercolor witch girl
 Here is a picture of the supplies I used:

After my pencil outline, I used a waterproof pen (micron 005) and outlined pencil lines in ink.  I filled in the hat with stars and outlined those also.  

The stars were filled in with a glitter gold gel pen.  Do that prior to the watercolor because some of the glitter comes off and goes into the hat which I really liked.  I used Neocolor Watersoluble pastels to paint it in.  Using a brush filled with water (the green one in the picture), I apply the wet brush to the pastel and then onto the paper.  Neocolors produce a really nice vibrant color.

For the neck, I used a marker which I forgot to put in the picture.  It's a waterproof marker.  I then used a graphite pencil on the side on the neck to make it look 3D.  The very center of the neck has some white gel pen to bring in a highlight.  The face is done with colored pencils and I did some blending of the colored pencils using a colorless blender by prismacolors.  The color pencils were also prismacolors.

The Happy Halloween is from a TJ Designs stamp using their Halloween set.  I have gotten a lot of use out of this set.  I have used it many, many times.  Here is a link if you are interested:

http://www.tweetyjill.com/store.html

Thanks for looking at the blog.  I'm still in a Halloween mode and am working on some ATC's now

No comments:

Post a Comment