Wednesday, October 14, 2015

Halloween tri-fold - home decoration

I have collected a lot of cute little Halloween things so, I decided to bring some of it together by making a decoration for my mantel or one of my shelves.  This is made from a heavy duty cardboard that came with a shipping package.  I saved it and left it the height it came with but changed the width to 12 inches.  I then scored it at 4 inches and 8 inches.  Now, it neatly folds enough for it to stand on its own.  The back is simply painted and I did not fuss with it since it will not be seen.

 The front is made with a painted base color of pumpkin orange (acrylic paint).  I then covered it with a Halloween napkin that had a multiple skull design.  Only small parts of that peek through in the overall design.  I used medium gel to apply the napkin and the did another coat on top.  After it was dry, I decorated with layered papers, inks, and Julie Nutting stamp with a hand drawn frankenstein type stitching in the face.  I also used inches from a swap, die cuts and ribbons.  The final touch was some glass bead medium gel around the inches and several other places to add some texture.  It was so much fun to put this together.  Here are some close up pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment