Tuesday, October 6, 2015

Trouble with rub-on's???

I have this really cool set of Halloween rub-on's that I got last year but I could not get them to rub off!  I put so much pressure down that it gave my projects indentations.  I pulled the set out again this year and since they were fairly useless I decided to experiment with them.  I used Elmer's Xtreme glue stick to the back of the rub-on after removing the protective white sheet.  I then placed it on my project and voila!  They came right off and stuck to my art beautifully.  So, you may want to give it a try if you are having the same issue.  Be sure to test it first on a waste.

I also wanted to talk about the Fiskars Amplify scissors.  I got a pair last year from Santa Claus and I love them!!  I cut a lot of cardboard and I either use my paper cutter or these scissors.  The Amplify scissors cut it with no issue and without making my hands sore from putting pressure on scissors to get them to cut.  So, if you make a lot of ATC's, pull out your coupons or start your Christmas list.  They are a great addition to the craft room.

Here is my latest ATC creations for Halloween.  For these, I started with a white card stock, sprayed it with Dylusions sprays in brown, orange and red.  After it dried, I used a yellow gelato to bring in some brighter color.  That was randomly put through the centers and spread around a little using water.  I then used a word/sentence stamp in brown ink, topped it with other Halloween stamps in black ink and added either ribbons, papers or pearl drops for embellishments.  I love using sprays and they make the backgrounds much more interesting over a flat color.

Glue used to help rub-on stickers "rub-off" and stay in place plus, my Amplify scissors

Halloween ATC's

No comments:

Post a Comment