Thursday, October 1, 2015

Take #2

Did you ever do a picture and you like it at first but then later think it needs something more?   That's the way I felt about this pencil whimsical picture.
I liked the face but decided the background was very boring and that the quote didn't quite express what I meant.  This is when I decided to try a second take.  The first one is made with colored pencils on the face and markers for the hair.  On the second one, I cut out the girl and placed her on a mixed media background.

Now, I feel like I'm getting closer.  I want to embellish it more but the bad part is that I have packed away about 1/2 of my supplies because we plan to move in the near future.  I'm going to put this piece on hold until after my move and do what hopefully will be the final take!

For the background, I painted heavy paper with purples, covered it with a printed tissue paper, then sprayed blue and purple inks on it.  My next step was a stencil and I filled it in with modeling paste.  The paste picked up some of the ink colors so it blended in nicely.  I used gelatos around the head and up through the middle, added an embossed bird stamp, stamped letters and some paper punches.

It goes into storage for what hopefully will be a short period of time and then I will do the final stage.

No comments:

Post a Comment