Tuesday, October 18, 2016

Halloween Mixed Media Canvas

This is an 8 x 8 canvas that I made for Halloween.  I picked up the canvas at a flea market and it had a bad quote with ugly paint so, I just painted over it using an orange base.  The next layer was a milk chocolate brown which I applied unevenly and even picked some back up with a tissue to give it a blotchy appearance.  The next layer is spray inks using a pewter, slate grey and a black.  For the final background, I put some tissue paper with a sheet music print behind the doll.  I also used a wing stamp on tissue paper and applied that where her back was going to be.

The doll is a Julie Nutting stamp.  I added the hat which is just hand drawn and cut out.  The dog is a stamp by Stampotique and he is attached using a jewelry chain and hot glue.  The lettering is a combination of glitter foam letters and letter tiles from a Scrabble game.  The final touch is a ribbon at the top which you actually cannot see very well in this picture.

Just some more Halloween fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment