Saturday, February 11, 2017

I've been working on some quilts over the last couple of months.  Here is one I did at Christmas time:


It's a fairly simple quilt with 1/2 red triangles and 1/2 green triangles.  On the green one, I added a little more interest by cutting my fabric into strips, sewing the strips together and then cutting the triangle.  I finished it off with some fabric I've had in my stash for a number of years.  I bought it awhile back on clearance at a quilt store.  I fell in love with it and was just waiting for the quilt to use it in!

I am starting a somewhat similar quilt using the concept of sewing strips together then cutting out the shapes.


This is actually a kit I bought on clearance through the Craftsy website.  I already changed the background from white to an off-white.  The white fabric was very nice and will be save for another project.  I thought the off-white matched the vintage look of the fabric a little better (at least for my project).  The quilt is small, and I wanted it a little larger so instead of 4 rows, I will be putting 5 rows on it and then "outlining" it with another vintage style fabric before finishing it.  The kits come with enough fabric strips to easily make it much bigger.  Prior to cutting, I made a template of the pattern pieces.  I will post more pictures of this quilt, showing some steps on what I did shortly.  Thanks for looking at my blog and happy quilting!!

No comments:

Post a Comment